POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) : Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad)
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 20 Feb 2005 02:44:13
Message: <42183fcd$1@news.povray.org>
> Got it! Better be subtle than too obvious I guess. I had not looked at the
> image that way. Then, indeed, I think the head of the guy is not turned in
> the correct position as he seems to watch the landscape beyond the dome. I
> suppose his face should almost be straight on.

I think he's actually pointed the correct way although I posed them
independantly in Poser.  However, you're the second person to say the same
thing, so I'll tilt his head more forward.

> Yes, I remarked the clothes "selection" of Poser or Daz. Rather ill-fitted
> for most of the business as usual type of environments :-)

heh.  Well, the funny thing is that he's wearing shorts - my theory being
that all the builds are more or less 'indoors' so it's more like a Hawaii
kind of envioronment, without the rain.  You're going to be glad you're not
cooped up in a suit so people won't wear much.

I've been fiddling with the terrain some, will post other WIP's soon.  I'm
trying to think of an 'imposter' scene.

I guess the whole city from another angle might look 'out of place' - the
green against the martian sands.

        == John ==